Scientific Abstracts Submissions Now Open
2021 AAOA Annual Meeting
Submit Your Research
Have novel research tied to allergy, inflammatory disease in ENT, comprehensive management of allergy and inflammatory disease, or another aspect impacting ENT patient care? AAOA is currently soliciting research abstracts for consideration for the 2022 Hybrid Annual Meeting.
Accepted abstracts will cover the latest research tied to the comprehensive management of allergy and inflammatory disease in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery related topics. These abstracts will be available as Scientific Research video presentations and hosted on the Whova platform, AAOA’s official meeting platform, for access by in-person and virtual attendees alike. The Scientific Research videos will be made available before and during the live component of the meeting.
All 2022 Scientific Research Presentations will also be featured in a live Research Forum session at the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. The PI/Presenter will be given a unique opportunity to showcase their research and results. Additionally, PI/Presenters will have access to the full AAOA 2022 Annual Meeting and will be able to claim CME/MOC credits. Below is an overview of the submission process. All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and must be novel research.
Click here to submit a scientific abstract for the 2022 AAOA Annual Meeting.
- 7/1 – Scientific abstract submission deadline (11:59 PM EST).
- 8/2 – AAOA staff will notify the principal abstract authors of the outcome of their submission and share further instructions if selected.
- 8/19 – Video presentations are due along with the optional handouts for COI and content review.
- 9/9 – 9/11 – 2022 AAOA Annual Meeting held live in Philadelphia and virtually.
- 12/31 – Resulting manuscripts must be submitted to the International Forum of Allergy and Rhinology (IFAR), official journal of the AAOA.
Scientific Abstract Submission Format:
The scientific abstract submission form is broken down into the following sections:
- Abstract title information
- Author(s) and presenters’ information
- Abstract content – Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions, and Author(s) Disclosures
- Abstracts are limited to 3,000 characters
The author will receive an email confirmation of a successful submission.
- Submission of an abstract for considerations infers ability to present.
Selection of an abstract by the program committee will result in an invitation to the PI to attend and participate in the 2022 Annual Meeting.
- If the PI is unavailable to participate in the Annual Meeting, a corresponding author may be chosen to fill in. Please note, only 1 corresponding presenter may participate.
- If the abstract is chosen, the PI/Presenter will receive a complimentary registration to the meeting and must attend the 2022 AAOA Annual Meeting.
- The pre-recorded video presentations will be showcased in our live Research Forum session at the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. An accompanying handout is encouraged to be submitted in addition to the video presentation as supporting content to share with the attendees but is not required.
- Abstracts selected for scientific presentation must submit an accompanying manuscript to the official journal of the AAOA, International Forum of Allergy and Rhinology (IFAR), which will have the right of first refusal for the submitted manuscript. The manuscript submission deadline for the 2022 AAOA Annual Meeting is 11:59pm ET on December 31, 2022.
- All off-label or non-FDA approved uses must be disclosed. Failure to comply with the abstract submission requirements may result in automatic withdrawal of the abstract for consideration by the program committee and possible suspension from future meeting presentations.
- Presentations submitted or presented by or on behalf of an employee of an ACCME-defined commercial interest will not be considered if there is a conflict of interest between the content presented and the author(s) or presenter.
- Any funding associated with the research must be disclosed, along with the conflict of interest disclosures for the PI and co-authors.
For any questions regarding the abstract submission/format, requirements, and more, please email us at email@example.com.
A brief summary of the Re-Engaging Patients…