When to see a Specialist
The following represent circumstances under which a patient should seek consultation with an Otolaryngic Allergist:
- When the diagnosis of an ear, nose, or throat allergy or cause of an ear, nose, or throat symptom is uncertain.
- When allergy or ear, nose or throat symptoms are not adequately controlled.
- When special diagnostic allergy tests are needed.
- When specialized treatment such as immunotherapy is needed. i When other related ear, nose, and throat medical problems, such as chronic sinusitis, nasal polyps, fluid in the middle ear, chronic ear infections, deviated septum, vocal disturbances, or enlarged adenoids or tonsils may be present.
- When complications associated with treatment or difficulty in controlling allergy symptoms are affecting the patient’s quality of life.
NEWS and BLOG
Recent Blog Articles
by Dana Crosby, MD Why Is It Important? Peanuts are…