Join us in the Lone Star State for the 2019 AAOA Advanced Course in Allergy and Immunology. This course builds on the basic clinical care of allergic patient concepts and techniques presented at the AAOA’s Basic Course in Allergy & Immunology.
It delves into concomitant disease, comorbidities, organ-based symptomatology and disease management, and the more complicated patient. The course will blend of content, networking, and leading experts to have an opportunity to walk away with something new you can implement in your practice to help improve your overall approach to patient care.
This year, the AAOA Advanced Course in Allergy and Immunology will build on core concepts in management of the typical and more complex allergy patient. The topics will focus on:
- Immunology and efficacy of Immunotherapy (SCIT and SLIT)
- Diagnosis and management of food allergy
- Diagnosing and managing the pediatric patient
- Advanced topics (aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease, medication allergy, local allergy, stinging insect, skin allergy, oral, ophthalmic, and otologic manifestations)
- Asthma diagnosis and management, including pulmonary function testing
- Learning the latest on laryngology and how it relates to allergy
- Addendum guidelines for the prevention of peanut allergy in the US
This year, the Advanced Course faculty will be joined by internationally recognized leader in Laryngology, Albert L. Merati, MD, as guest faculty. Dr. Merati will share his expertise and patient experience related to larynx, its diseases, and how it relates to allergy.
If you are planning on taking the Fellow Exam, this course will meet the Advanced Course requirement (or contribute to the 1 additional AAOA-Sponsored CME program requirement).
If you would like to receive a member rate for the 2019 Advanced Course in Allergy and Immunology, please submit your membership application, supporting documents, and payment no later than Friday, November 29, 2019. Contact Ben Wokas at 202-955-5010 (ext. 300) or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Learn more and register